"Coffee Brewing Tips: Tips From The Top" -found in Seed to Cup (by Transcend in Edmonton)
- The magic ratio for how much coffee to use is 60 grams of coffee for every litre of water. You can scale up or down depending on how much coffee you want to brew.
- Brew at 93C or 200F. If you're boiling with a kettle, take it off the boil for about 15-30 seconds.
- Grind your coffee just before brewing. Coffee goes stale incredibly fast once it is ground.
- Use filtered water, but not reverse-osmosis (RO) water. RO water does note have enough mineral content to properly extract coffee.
- Store your coffee in an air-tight container, away from direct sunlight. Don't store your coffee in the freezer! Coffee is very absorbent and will likely end up smelling like your left-over meatloaf and pizza-pops.